Note: This is not a static site - entries are being updated continuously. New entries are listed immediately below, but check on the bottom of the page for recently updated entries.


 

New Entries

  • Berlenbach is listed as the builder, not the architect. No architect is listed.1

    • 1. Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide (vol 14, no. 348, November 14, 1874), 341.
  • Hugh Roberts was a loc al mason who developed these three buildings at the corner of Noble Street and Lorimer Street, as well as the buildings to the south on Lorimer and east on Noble. Architect in the Real Estate Record is listed as "E. J. E. and G. J. Roberts"1, perhaps a relation to Hugh Roberts; the Greenpoint Historic District designation report lists the architect as E. S.

  • Source: Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide (vol. 14, no. 347, November 7, 1874), 322.

  • Formerly 49 Newell Street, now 41.

    Source: Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide (vol. 14, no 346, October 31, 1874), 304

  • Havemeyers & Elder first built a two-story warehouse on this site in 1874.1 In May of 1887, the building suffered a catastrophic fire. According to the Brooklyn Eagle, the building was used as a depot by the Erie Railroad, managed by L. M.

Recent Articles

  • Mae West Didn'…
  • St. Peter Claver…
  • Domino Sugar…
  • Congregation Ahavas…
  • Engelhardt's…
  • Williamsburg Bridge…
  • Astral Oil Works
  • Sts. Peter and Paul…
  • Historic Street…
  • Gandar's…
  • Mechanics &…
  • Graham &…