151 Kent Avenue

151 Kent Avenue

Havemeyers & Elder first built a two-story warehouse on this site in 1874.1 In May of 1887, the building suffered a catastrophic fire. According to the Brooklyn Eagle, the building was used as a depot by the Erie Railroad, managed by L. M. Palmer, and owned and operated by Havemeyers & Elder.2. Soon after, Havemeyers & Elder rebuilt the building as a three-story warehouse.3

  • 1. Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide (vol. 14, no 345, October 24, 1874), 285.
  • 2. Brooklyn Daily Eagle (May 29, 1887), 1.
  • 3. Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide (June 18, 1887).
Year
1887
Building type
Warehouse
Street
First st
Location
cor North 5th
Address

151 Kent Avenue
11249 NY
United States

Owner name
Havemeyers & Elder
Owner address
Williamsburgh
Builder
Havemeyers & Elder
Number of Buildings
1
stories
3
Material
Dimensions
400x100
cost
$20,000

Recent Articles

  • St. Peter Claver…
  • Domino Sugar…
  • Congregation Ahavas…
  • Engelhardt's…
  • Williamsburg Bridge…
  • Astral Oil Works
  • Sts. Peter and Paul…
  • Historic Street…
  • Gandar's…
  • Mechanics &…
  • Graham &…
  • Annunciation Church…