Holy Rosary Church

Holy Rosary Church

First mass on the morning of August 4, 1889, in the second floor of the frame building at 1747 Fulton Street. Ground for the church was purchased in September, 1889, and in October the corner stone was laid by the late Bishop Laughlin.1Designed by Thomas F. Houghton.2

  • 1. Church of the Most Holy Rosary. New York Times, October 8, 1894.
  • 2. Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide, November 23, 1889: 1591.
Year
1889
NB#
2431
Building type
Church
Street
Chauncey Street
Location
ns, 350 e Stuyvesant Avenue
Address

139 Chauncey Street
11233 NY
United States

Owner name
Bishop John Loughlin
Architect
Builder
P Carlin & Son
City
Brooklyn
Number of Buildings
1
stories
1
Material
Dimensions
62x82
cost
13,000
Building Images
Bldg Geofield

Recent Articles

  • St. Peter Claver…
  • Domino Sugar…
  • Congregation Ahavas…
  • Engelhardt's…
  • Williamsburg Bridge…
  • Astral Oil Works
  • Sts. Peter and Paul…
  • Historic Street…
  • Gandar's…
  • Mechanics &…
  • Graham &…
  • Annunciation Church…