The Meeker Avenue Bridge was a steel truss bridge that spanned Newtown Creek. The bridge opened on August 23, 1939 and replaced an earlier swing bridge that connected Greenpoint to Maspeth. The cost of construction was between $6 million and $13 million. The bridge had two 32'-wide roadways separated by a 4'-wide mall as well as two 8'-wide walkways "protected by high curbs and barricades".
In July 1940 the bridge was renamed in honor of Polish general Tadeusz Kościuszko, a hero of the American Revolution.
The bridge was demolished in 2017 as part of the construction of a pair of cable-stayed bridges, the first of which opened in 2017.
109 Thomas Street