218 South 8th Street
NB information per Real Estate Record. Note that address description is incorrect - actual address is 218 South 8th Street, which has since been altered. 1 Address per Brooklyn Eagle. Station W had originally been near the corner of South 5th and Bedford. Relocated in 1898 to 218 - 220 South 8th Street. Construction "commenced" by James A. Sperry (owner of the building). The building is two stories tall with a rear extension. The lot measures 50x133; the extension measures 50x64 and contains the sorting room and a waiting room for the letter carriers. The upper story is divided into offices, "two of which have already been taken by Johnson & Helmle, architects of the building." 2
Building was remodeled in the 1920s or 1930s.