Cornerstone laid 3 October 1937 1. The parish's first church was dedicated in 1942, was originally church of St. Francis de Sales. Fr. Fusco bought the church, had it transported and had it put on a concrete foundation. The original altar, confessionals and altar went to other parishes (St. Teresa of Avila, Brooklyn, Our Lady of Mercy, St. Monica's and St. Andrew, Manhattan). Parish expected to have a larger church at the time of its Silver Jubilee in 1962. 2. Sources: Diocese of Brooklyn, Diocesan Building Commission, Building, Past, Present, Future “St. Anthony’s Notes Jubilee: Bishop to Preside in South Ozone Park for 25th Anniversary,” The Tablet, June 16, 1962, Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn, Diocesan Archives. The Tablet, Parish Journal File, St. Anthony of Padua, Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn, Diocesan Archives. The Tablet, Photograph Files, Buildings A, St. Anthony of Padua historic parish picture, Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn, Diocesan Archives.
27-19 135 Avenue