St. John German Ev. Church School

St. John German Ev. Church School

Building appears to be an older row house, and the decription (three stories with iron cornice) does not exactly match this structure, but the site is vacant on an atlas as of 1880, so this is presumably the building described in the 1884 NB application. In 1904, a new building application (#1300) was filed for a new two-story brick school house at the location of the existing school, Helme, Huberty & Co., architects. This building was not constructed and the existing building is roughly consistent with the description of the 1884 structure.

Year
1884
NB#
1179
Building type
School
Block
2789
Lot
35
Address

189 Maujer Street
11206 NY
United States

Owner name
German Evangelical Church St. John
Owner address
Graham, co Ten Eyck
Builder
J. D. Anderson and J. G. Hoepfer
Number of Buildings
1
stories
3
Material
cost
8,500
Status
Extant

40.7109912, -73.9428332