St. Patrick's R.C. Church

St. Patrick's R.C. Church

St. Patrick parish was founded in 1849 as St. Patrick Church Mission to serve Ft. Hamilton area, making it one of the oldest parishes in Brooklyn. The church was the Catholic parish of soldiers stationed at Ft. Hamilton. The first St. Patrick church was dedicated in 1852. The cornerstone for the current chuch was laid on October 11, 1925 and the church was dedicated by Bishop Molloy on December 12, 1926.1

Year
1925
Building type
Church
Address

9511 Fourth Avenue
11209 NY
United States

Architect
Number of Buildings
1
stories
1
Material
cost
250,000
Notes

Parish founded in 1849 as St. Patrick Church Mission to serve Ft. Hamilton area. The church was the Catholic parish of soldiers stationed at Ft. Hamilton. The first St. Patrick church was dedicated in 1852. The cornerstone for the current chuch was laid on October 11, 1925 and the church was dedicated by Bishop Molloy on December 12, 1926.1

Building Images
Bldg Geofield

Recent Articles

  • St. Peter Claver…
  • Domino Sugar…
  • Congregation Ahavas…
  • Engelhardt's…
  • Williamsburg Bridge…
  • Astral Oil Works
  • Sts. Peter and Paul…
  • Historic Street…
  • Gandar's…
  • Mechanics &…
  • Graham &…
  • Annunciation Church…