Connected to 705 Driggs (1888, W. H. Gaylor, architect).
1886 - Grand Bazar opened in the "Tuttle Buildings, 190 to 198 Grand Street, above Fifth, where Messrs. Piper & Rewick have begun what they confidently expect will prove a long and prosperous career as conductors of the Grand Bazar". 1 1898 - Elwin Piper assigns store to creditor. 2 1899 - Piper announces plan to close Brooklyn store and move the operation to Spencer Place in Harlem 3 1899 - Shortly after moving to 121st Street in Harlem, Piper suffers another bankruptcy. 4
224 Grand Street