Convent constructed for the Sisters of St. Dominic, who prior to taking up residence here had been located at Graham and Montrose avenues. The building was converted to residential use starting in the mid-1980s.
An article in the Brooklyn Eagle describes the building as an orphanage, constructed by the sisters. The article goes on to say that the orphanage was paid for by one of the sisters, who had recently inherited a large sum of money.1
- 1. "Death of Rev. John Hauptmann", Brooklyn Daily Eagle, June 11, 1891, 4.
64 Havemeyer Street