Continental Army Plaza

Continental Army Plaza

Thumbnail
Washington Statue, Continental Army Plaza

Continental Army Plaza was historically known as Washington Plaza and Williamsburg Plaza. The park was designed by architects Lord & Hewlett, and the statue of George Washington at Valley Forge was the work of Henry M. Shrady. At one time, the plaza was seen as the formal terminus of the Williamsburg Bridge.1

  • 1. WPA Guide to New York, 456.
Year
1901
Building type
Park
Address

195 South 4th Street
11211 NY
United States

Owner name
City of New York
Architect
Number of Buildings
0
Building Images
Bldg Geofield

Recent Articles

  • St. Peter Claver…
  • Domino Sugar…
  • Congregation Ahavas…
  • Engelhardt's…
  • Williamsburg Bridge…
  • Astral Oil Works
  • Sts. Peter and Paul…
  • Historic Street…
  • Gandar's…
  • Mechanics &…
  • Graham &…
  • Annunciation Church…