Building 128, Brooklyn Navy Yard

Building 128, Brooklyn Navy Yard

Constructed in phases between 1898 and 1941, this complex of buildings was used for the manufacture and assembly of ship engines for the Brooklyn Navy Yard. The complex consists of the Boiler Shop (Building 28), the Machine Shop and Erecting Shop (Building 128) and a power house (Building 23). The entire complex was recently rehabilitated, and now houses a a variety of light manufacturing uses, including New Lab (which occupies the former Machine Shop wing) and Brooklyn Roasting Company (which occupies the former power house).

Year
1898
Building type
Factory
Address

1 Cumberland Street
11205 NY
United States

Material
Building Images

40.697842, -73.9747068