Transfiguration Church

Transfiguration Church

Cornerstone laid in September 1889. The current structure replaced an older structure dating to about 1874 that was located to the east on Hooper Street. The old church was built with the intention of later being converted to a school, and therefore had beam pockets built into the walls for the installation of two new floors at a future date. (That church/school was later replaced with a new school.)1

  • 1. "To Build Anew: The Congregation of the Church of the Transfiguration", Brooklyn Daily Eagle, 24 June 1889, p. 1.
Year
1889
Building type
Church
Address

263 Marcy Avenue
11211 NY
United States

Building Images

40.7051892, -73.9560562