limestone

limestone

Second German Baptist Church

The northwest corner of Evergreen Avenue and Woodbine Street is believed to be the site of first house constructed in the New Bushwick Lotts, an area granted by Peter Stuyvesant to the residents of the village of Bushwick in 1661. The first house was erected here in about 1700, built by a man named Van Nuyse. The house and three lots (about 70 acres total) were purchased by Leffert Lefferts from William Van Nuyse of New Utrecht in 1724.

Bushwick Savings Bank Yorkton Sat, 11/12/2016 - 23:41

Bushwick Savings Bank was founded in 1868, but appears to have struggled in its early years.

North Side Bank (Grand Street) Yorkton Fri, 09/02/2016 - 10:17

Constructed in 1889, this bank was ideally located at the foot of Grand Street across the street from the Grand Street Ferry terminal. With the opening of the Williamsburg Bridge in 1903, traffic on the ferry quickly waned, and by 1912 the bank had relocated its headquarters to Havemeyer Street, facing onto the Williamsburg Bridge Plaza.

First National Bank Yorkton Tue, 10/20/2015 - 23:13
Dime Savings Bank of Williamsburg Yorkton Tue, 10/20/2015 - 22:42
Our Lady of Consolation Rectory Yorkton Mon, 12/24/2012 - 23:43

Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide, v. 88, no. 2268 (September 2, 1911), 324.

Our Lady of Consolation School Yorkton Mon, 12/24/2012 - 23:37

Real Estate Record & Builders' Guide, v. 85, no. 2184 (January 22, 1910), 171.

St. Brendan R. C. Church Yorkton Sun, 12/23/2012 - 23:59

The basement portion of the church was constructed in 1908. Lynch is listed as having completed plans for the "superstructure" of the church in 1919.

Recent Articles

  • St. Peter Claver…
  • Domino Sugar…
  • Congregation Ahavas…
  • Engelhardt's…
  • Williamsburg Bridge…
  • Astral Oil Works
  • Sts. Peter and Paul…
  • Historic Street…
  • Gandar's…
  • Mechanics &…
  • Graham &…
  • Annunciation Church…