wood

wood

Powers Street M. E. Church Yorkton Sat, 02/03/2018 - 16:47

Brooklyn's oldest known mosque, and possibly the first mosque established in New York City, is located on Power Street.

St. Rose of Lima (1870) Yorkton Tue, 02/02/2016 - 14:57

The original Church of St. Rose of Lima was constructed 1870. The wood-frame Gothic-style church was designed by Thomas F. Houghton. The church, with a capacity of 300, was the first Catholic church to serve the people of the Greenfield section of southern Brooklyn.

St. Anthony of Padua, Queens

Cornerstone laid 3 October 1937 1. The parish's first church was dedicated in 1942, was originally church of St. Francis de Sales. Fr. Fusco bought the church, had it transported and had it put on a concrete foundation. The original altar, confessionals and altar went to other parishes (St. Teresa of Avila, Brooklyn, Our Lady of Mercy, St. Monica's and St. Andrew, Manhattan).

156 Melrose Street

1490 - Melrose st, Nos. 156 and 158, s s, 1.50 w Knickerbocker av, two three-story frame (brick filled) tenem'ts, 25x5.5, tin roofs; cost, each, $4,000 Daniel Kreuder and M. Mayer, 47 McKibben st and 342 Ellery st; ar't, Th. Engelhardt; b'rs, D. Kreuder aud M. Mayer. 1

21 Cornelia Street Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 03/31/2012 - 22:26

Recent Articles

  • St. Peter Claver…
  • Domino Sugar…
  • Congregation Ahavas…
  • Engelhardt's…
  • Williamsburg Bridge…
  • Astral Oil Works
  • Sts. Peter and Paul…
  • Historic Street…
  • Gandar's…
  • Mechanics &…
  • Graham &…
  • Annunciation Church…